Taking part in our mentoring scheme has a number of benefits for both mentor and mentee.
Benefits for mentees include:
- build their professional network
- share and discuss challenging issues
- gain support by having someone to talk to in difficult times
- build confidence in potential ways forward
- work through tactics to manage relationships with others
- talk through ideas or decisions
- debate potential strategies with an informed and supportive sounding board
- expand their perspective through the mentor’s experiences.
Benefits for mentors include:
- gain new perspectives
- learn from other contexts
- reflect on the experiences discussed to support their own development
- engage with the intellectual challenge
- gain personal satisfaction from helping others
- improve their interpersonal skills
- build their reputation.