The UK Public Health Network works according to 3 core values:
Engaging: generate system-wide conversations
- Conversations between the statutory and voluntary & community sector organisations are changing the way that the public health community speaks.
- These conversations focus on system-wide public health issues, such as the individual links between health and sustainable development, encouraging health in all policies, promoting health as the first wealth and tackling health inequalities.
Investigating: map the emerging issues and work that needs to be done
- Mapping the current public health landscape and regular horizon scanning.
- Promoting cross-organisational influencing work on key public health issues, including the CSR 2024 and building a resilient public health system.
Connecting: create alignment between public health bodies and policies across the UK
- Our Policy Group adopt a do-once-and-share approach within the Network where possible, to reduce duplication of effort.
- Sharing learning and experience from the four UK nations puts organisations in closer contact with each other and is vital to ensure a coherent public health system.
We publish summaries of all our meetings here.