The UK Public Health Network was established following a summit meeting held in October 2014.
The summit agreed that:
- Public health in the UK has become fragmented, with many different bodies speaking for the sector.
- The health of the public across the UK faces enormous challenges, including financial, demographic and professional.
- A ‘whole system approach’, working towards a collaborative agenda and strategy, would be beneficial to each organisation, as well as improving the public’s health.
The summit agreed to:
- improve the way that the public health community speaks about the public’s health and wellbeing,
- share information and knowledge between members.
- coordinate activities.
At present, membership of the UK Public Health Network is principally through invitation and is focused on those membership organisations with a broad remit across public health. However, we are very happy to consider requests from umbrella organisations that represent a cross-section of public health interests in the UK. Please contact email@example.com